Inside the YOUFU

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Life Drawing: Week 10

Hello everyone, welcome to my 10th week posting. This week we continued learn and add several more muscles groups to the back and sides of our manikin. These parts consisted of the latissimus dorsi, pectoralis, trapezius, and deltoid. This week was quite nice to have a choice to work on our manikins or work on our drawings. I spent a great deal of my time this week working on the manikin assignments, as I was a bit behind due to my other class assignments. I feel as though I'm not understanding any of the material we are learning now we are going more in depth with the manikin. As far as the drawings go I still not sure if I am locating the right areas to draw in the parts that make up the shoulder and back. I still continue to struggle a bit with the 30 second drawings, as I get nothing more than the basic center line and rib cage of the body that we have been working on since the beginning of the semester. I hope to get a clearer understanding of what is going on with each component of the body so I can feel more comfortable drawing.

As we are continue with our manikins, this is my progress of what was done so far. The latest parts added were the muscles talked about earlier at the beginning of the post. I feel as though these manikin assignments are beginning to take me longer and longer to do. This it may be due to the long list of muscles we are assignment or perhaps that the parts are becoming more intricate to create and apply. Either way, it is still work that needs to be done and done correctly so as long as it is worth it in the final grade I have no actual complaints. Overall I am pretty pleased with the outcome of what I have done so far. I only hope that they are in the correct locations and shape.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about not fully understanding what we're learning right now. I hope soon we can slow down and just try to piece everything together. It'd probably help us learn more if we drew the skeleton a couple times too I bet. Your muscles look crazy good by the way! I can tell you take your time on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not quite sure that I have ever completely understood what we were doing with the manikins but I'm going to have to agree with you about understanding less now than you have before. I feel as if adding in the many muscles that go underneath the original shoulder muscles might be a part of it. I agree with Jess about how it would be nice to take a step back and slow down finally in order to take a look at the whole picture and possibly work on all of it a little more. That's exactly how I feel.

    ReplyDelete