Inside the YOUFU

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life Drawing: Week 9

Hi everyone, welcome to my 9th week posting.  It has been a difficult week getting back into school mode, especially getting back into the habit of drawing again. Aside from the life drawing class I have had an interesting week catching up with my other classes. Anyways, this week we focused on areas of the shoulder, back, and obliques. This week we had time to work on both our manikin and our drawings.  As the course moves forward it becomes more difficult to draw all the components of the body within the 30 seconds gesture drawings. Although it has been getting harder, I believe it will help benefit our drawings when we do our 45 to an hour drawing.


On Friday, it was interesting to get a different perspective rather than the female model. In this drawing of the male model, he was positioned awkwardly making it difficult to begin the drawing. As I observe the drawing it appears that the torso area was a bit too long. I had trouble locating most of body parts, especially the shoulder blades. I hope as the class move forwards I will learn to locate the body parts easier. Overall I think this drawing turned out okay, but I just wish I could have located the main body parts.





This week we were assigned several muscle groups such as the teres minor, infraspinatus, supraspinatus, teres major, serratus anterior, rhomboid minor, and rhomboid major. It was quite intimidating after receiving the assignment as it seemed like a never ending list of muscle parts. I was amazed how quickly I completed the assignment. Although I have completed the assignment I was still confused if all the muscles I attached were put on correctly. I believe one of the hardest parts about the manikin assignments are just determining if they are attached correctly. Hopefully sometime this week I can get my manikin checked by our instructor. Overall, I like how the manikin is looking.

1 comment:

  1. Every week your drawings amaze me and I really appreciate knowing that you too are having trouble because for me it seems like you are getting it pretty well. As far as the manikin... well, I'm not sure that I put my muscles on quite right when I'm looking at yours and that might be part of the reason why I have been having so many difficulties in drawing the figure. Great work keep it up.

    ReplyDelete