Inside the YOUFU

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Midterm Blog Posting

This first half of the semester has been an incredible journey. It has gone by so quickly yet I have learned so much within the time period. The class has been one of the most interesting classes I have taken so far. It was fun to experience a different drawing style that I am not traditionally used to. I can say my ability to draw the human body has improved significantly from when I first entered the class. Although I have had similar classes in the past, this has been one of the most beneficial. It was interesting to explore all the unique features of the human anatomy that helps form the figure. I enjoyed how the class broke down each section of the human body. This allowed us have a better understanding of each piece, rather than trying to learn everything at once. I enjoyed working with the manikin because it helped me develop a greater perspective on how the muscles were aligned and layered together. By being able to work with the manikins and incorporate what we learn to the drawings it helped make a dramatic difference when drawing the life figure. I was able to see where the rib cage and pelvis where located easier, unlike before when I was not aware of their placement.

30 Minute Drawing

This is probably one of my better drawings I have done in class. I tried to incorporate everything we have learned in class by capturing the rib cage, spine, and pelvic regions. I tried to capture the proper form of each region using simple contour lines to represent to roundness of the forms. Overall I thought the drawing was pretty successful and portrayed the life figure well. I believe as the class progresses I hope I will be able to draw the rest of the figure in correct proportion and form. 

Please check out my other drawings and the manikin on my Flickr account:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59964810@N07/

No comments:

Post a Comment