Inside the YOUFU

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Life Drawing: Week 11

Hello, welcome to my 11th week posting. This week has been a busy for me, as I can guess for a lot of other art students as well. I've been so overcome by so many projects that its been difficult to work on all my assignments. As usual I am still having trouble understanding the concepts of the manikin's body structures. So it difficult when we keep getting assigned all these muscle assignments. Moving forward, the class has been focusing a lot on the muscles that make up the arms. After a while I was unsure if I was even attaching muscles on correctly because the muscles seemed as though they kept layering on top of the same area. As far as the drawings go in class, I feel as though I have not been improving much on anything. I would just like come out of this course having a greater understanding of the human body. I just feel it would help my drawing abilities tremendously when I incorporate life figures with my product designs I create in my design classes.

In this image it was of our female model we did on Monday. It may be difficult to tell but the model is sitting in a chair where you can see the arm is rested on. I believe this drawing was to be more of a focus on the areas of the arms. From when I was drawing the model it seemed to look correct, but I can not be too sure. For the most part I believe I did a pretty good job on the overall drawing. It would have been interesting to have done a male model to see the differences in the male and female. In addition a male model would most likely have more muscle definition so that would have been fun to draw. Perhaps as the semester ends everything would get cleared up, I hope.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like as students we may be blind to the actual progress that we are making because we sit and do the same things over and over. I do think that you have improved and for me I feel as if that's not saying much because your drawings are by far some of the best in the class and I enjoy seeing them every week. As far as the busy schedule thing I feel like that will never let up and that's okay but it would be nice to get a break every once in awhile. I'm glad that you have been thinking about how this drawing class will influence the rest of your practice because that's important. See you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Megan in that I think your drawings look great! I can tell you took your time on each individual line, which is nice to see that much concentration and patience in a drawing. The muscle assignments definitely have been confusing lately, I feel like the book has become misleading because it shows the muscles as so thick and large and if we actually made the arm muscles that big, our arms would be as thick as our legs.

    ReplyDelete