Inside the YOUFU

Friday, April 22, 2011

Life Drawing: Week 12

Hello everyone, welcome to my 12th week posting. Amazingly this week went by pretty quick, probably due to having no classes on Friday. In life drawing we continued to work on the hands and started on the areas of the skull. As the class progresses I feel that we are being introduced to too many different parts that I am unable to understand any of the parts well. At this point I am just looking forward to an end to the class with a good grade. Anyways, this week  I thought it was interesting how Amy allowed us to start drawing the skull without any sort of instructions on how the skull should be drawn. I guess perhaps it was just an exercise to see what we have learned and know about the subject. Overall, when Amy came around to check my skull drawing I was able to get some of the parts to the skull correct, however there were some things I needed some clarification on. 

This is an image of my hand drawing of the female model done on Wednesday. This was my second attempt to draw the hands. In my first drawing I had the difficult time preventing the fingers from looking like sausages as well as maintaining a three-dimensional appearance. In this drawing it was tremendously better than the first. The only trouble I had was with drawing the pinky finger. It was positioned awkwardly with the tip of the finger curving inwards. Overall, the drawing turned out okay. I could have worked a lot more with the atmospheric perspective.

In this image it is a drawing of one of the skulls we did in class. It was interesting to observe how all the forms on the skull has some sort of dimensional quality. After getting some help from Amy I guess I was able to see this a little bit more. Overall, the drawing turned out pretty good. I am just hoping to get a better understanding of the skull when Amy explains it next class.

2 comments:

  1. I'm on the same page in how you believe that we may be learning too much all at the same time, and that can be problematic when it begins to get overwhelming. Your drawings are looking spectacular and I like the shading on both drawings. I hope that the semester starts getting a little better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skull drawing is really interesting because of the contrast between light and dark lines, it creates such nice depth. I understand what you mean about when parts of drawings look awkward, even if they're correct, like the pinky. When I first looked at it before reading what you wrote it looked a little strange until I actually looked more into it and saw that it completely makes sense. I think it overall looks good, it has that 3D quality you were talking about.

    ReplyDelete