Inside the YOUFU

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Life Drawing: Week 11

Hello everyone, welcome to my 11th week posting. This week was a pretty rough week for me physically and emotionally. Aside from all the homework that has piling up, my family and I have been dealing with the death of my grandmother 2 days ago. It has just been 9 months ago that my grandfather passed away and now my mother is having to deal with the fact that she will never see both her parents. Although I was not as close to them, I can only imagine how hard it must be for my mother. Now after spending several thousand dollars on my grandfather's funeral, my family is struggling to find to money to pay for my grandmother's funeral. So I guess I just had to get that out of the way. Anyways, as far as life drawing goes we are getting closer to the end of our semester, which I am definitely looking forward to. We have also started focusing on the regions of the hand and arms, which is quite similar to the feet. My understandings stands to same as last week, still clueless as ever about what I am doing. I feel as if I have been lacking a lot on my drawing abilities in life drawing as well as other art classes. At this point I really need to find motivation to push me further in everything that I am doing. Sometimes I forget why I continue to work hard in college and how much it will really benefit me. As for the manikin, we have been receiving quite a bit of assignments. Thankfully they are some of the last manikin assignments we will be receiving. So far I have not been keeping up with the manikin as much as I would like to, but hopefully I will get that done by tonight.

In this image it is a drawing of our female figure where we were to practice drawing the hands and incorporate some of the muscles. My understanding of the muscles are not as great as I would like them, but I have gotten a better understand after Amy started drawing them in for me. All the muscles drawn in was by Amy so I can not take any credit for that. Overall, this drawing was okay. I just need to take more time to understand everything that goes within the figure.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry about your grandmother and grandfather. My heart goes out to your family and you that you're so emotionally drained right now. Sometimes I know I wish the world would just slow down or stop for a day or two so I can catch up--sounds like that might be how you're feeling right now.
    Your drawing is lovely though. I love how you always capture atmospheric perspective--the hands are really prominent which I think was the point of this drawing. Don't give up, in my opinion, you've done so well all semester, and I think you're more than capable of finishing the semester out strong whether you fully understand the muscles or not ha (i know i don't!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lue, I'm sorry for your loss and I even though you may not have been as close to them it doesn't mean that you're not hurting. Death is hard and I know that your Mother is glad to have her family supporting her through this difficult time. As far as life drawing goes, I understand what you are talking about when you mention the difficulty with piecing the body together and trying to draw the muscles in. I honestly don't get how to draw the muscles in our drawings but I'm sure that everyone is having those same problems. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete